Wellesley Bridge, over the Kaveri at Seringapatam, was erected in 1804, under the direction of Dewan Purnaiya, at the cost of 5½ lakhs, and named after the Governor-General, the Marquis of Wellesley. It is an interesting specimen of native architecture, being composed of stone pillars, capped with stone corbels, and surmounted by stone girders, on which the flags of the roadway are laid. Though rough in construction, the bridge has survived the heaviest floods for a century without injury. That was a description written about the bridge about a 100 years back!
Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple
Sri Ranganathaswamy Temple, after which the town is named is located in Srirangapatna island.
Writtern both in English and Urdu , the Inscription located at one end of the bridge reads "Dedicated To Richard Marquess Wellesley K:P: Governer General of India by Krishnaraj Wodeir Bahaudur in a public testimony of his gratitude and as a lasting monument of the benefits conferred on the people and country of Mysore Begun August 1802 Finished October 1804 under the care of Poorniah Dewan "